1. Cook the bacon in a large dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, add the rosemary. Remove the bacon. If there's excess bacon grease, drain off all but 1 tablespoon. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes, until golden. Add the carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, basil, fennel, crushed red pepper, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook another 5 minutes, until very fragrant.
2. Stir in the butter and flour, cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add to the bowl of your crockpot. To the crockpot, add the broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5.
4. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, stir in the kale, cream/milk, parmesan, and gnocchi. If the soup is too thick, add additional broth.
5. Serve the soup topped with the rosemary bacon and parmesan. Enjoy warm
- 2 ounces vodka
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon apple butter
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- ginger beer, for topping
- pomegranate arils and cinnamon sticks, for serving
1. Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
2. Combine the vodka, lime juice, apple cider, apple butter, and ginger in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until combined, about 1 minute. Strain into your prepared glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish with apple slices, pomegranate arils, and cinnamon sticks.